Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Girl's Campout

May 7th and 8th my stake was having a Girl's Campout from ages 1-100. It was soo much fun. I am kind of new to my ward so I didn't really know anyone to go with and I decided to call one of my really good friends and ask her if she would like to go with me and to bring her two girls. It was soo much fun. This is a picture of our campsite. There was a tent right next to us and we were the only ones with a fire nearby so a bunch of people came on over to share our fire. We had a blast.
This is Crystal my awesome friend. We were being attacked by bugs and she had just done a dance to get one off of her. Hilarious!!! Wish I had a video camera for that one.

Okay ya'll this is the best kept secret of camping. You take a banana and cut a strip of the peel back but not off. Then you cut a 1/2 inch wide strip the length of the banana. It needs to be about a 1/2 inch deep as well. Then you put mini marshmellows in it and chocolate chips. Wrap it in aluminum foil and place it by but not on the fire. When the marshmellows are gooey and the chocolate is melted it is done!!! Why didn't I know about this one sooner...beats the crap out of a smore!!!
This was the day we got to camp. Everyone was out swimming in no time. We set up our tent and then went down to the river. The water was pretty cold at first but you warm up quickly. Sooo much fun.
Just another shot of the river.
Now I can't end this entry without a very enthusiastic thank you to my husband. He watched Jackson that night so that I could go to the campout and not have any worries...besides the bugs. It was awesome, althought I missed them both like crazy. I love him so much. He is such a considerate, helpful, hands-on Dad. Couldn't have snagged a better man.





1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun. We did those bananas when I was our ward girls camp director. yummy!

    ReplyDelete