Sunday, November 15, 2009


So we were going to go to Arizona on the 14th (Wednesday) of October to the 29th...but Steven had that Monday off and we were laying in bed and he said, " Hey do you want me to take Tuesday off so we can suprise your parents a day early?" I was so excited after he said that!! It was an awesome plan! After he took Tuesday off it was Friday night and he said let's just leave Monday. And then the next morning he said want to leave Sunday? As you can probably guess I was sooo extremely excited! I couldn't keep the secret to myself and I needed someone in Az to know the plan just in case we needed their help to pull it off so I called my sis. Everyone goes to my parents house on Sundays for dinner so I figured it would be cool to suprise my brother and sister-in-law as well. It was his birthday after all...come to find out he had the flu so he wasn't there..anyway back to the story. We got everything ready Saturday night and then Steven tried to go to bed at about 8...I had to wait for Jackson and we got to bed at about midnight. The alarm went off at 2:20 am and we started to get ready for the 16 hour drive. We left the house at 3, we wanted to get as much of the trip done while Jackson was sleeping as possible. He did great. He started to get fussy at about Chandler/Mesa which is 45 minutes from my parents house. I called my mom when we where in passing Tempe town lake (40 minutes away) and asked her about her recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup and she gave me all of the specifics and then I asked what they where having and she said she was excited to see us in 3 days...haha she had no clue. When we got to Litchfield (15 minutes away) I called my mom's house to talk to my sister. I had to let her know we where on our way. Then she put my mom on the phone and I told her we got her a suprise and that Jackson couldn't wait any longer to give it to her and I told her a friend of mine was going to put it in her mailbox and that it might not fit so she needed to go out and get it in about 10 minutes. So my Mom and Dad, Brandy and her boys went out to wait for the gift to arrive and they were all looking the opposite direction and we started honking as we pulled up. My Dad and my Mom were looking at us like who is that and Brandy was jumping up and down with excitement and then it registered that it was us. My Mom's mouth dropped open and she instantly started crying. She said it was the best suprise ever. Dad was laughing really hard. They had no we started vacation with a bang.
We went to the Drapery Shop and visited Aunt Sandy, Uncle Ed, and Aunt MaryAnn. Then we went to lunch. We made tamales the day before we left. Oh and we also had a Wishart family reunion which was a lot of fun. The reason why I have to write this all out is because the entire time I was there I took one stinkin picture. My battery was dead and I kept forgetting to charge it. I was so mad at myself. My mom took a bunch so I am waiting patiently to receive those from her....but since I am at it I might as well show you all the one pic I took so here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment